Something Sweets #2 - Cook Like Donna Hay (again)
Recently quite a few mummy blogger making their own pancakes recipe too. So I also want to give a try after I found the recipe from DH's site. DH recipes are easy to follow. Last week, I made another supper for my son again.
Blueberry pancakes with maple syrup
2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
3 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
2 eggs
2¼ cups (560ml) milk
75g unsalted butter, melted
¾ cup (115g) frozen blueberries
fresh blueberries, to serve
maple syrup, to serve (I used honey)
icing (confectioner's) sugar, for dusting (optional)
Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Combine the eggs, milk and butter, gradually pour into the well and whisk until smooth. Stir in the frozen blueberries. Heat a lightly greased non-stick frying pan over low heat. Cook ¼ cups of the pancake mixture for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for a further 1−2 minutes or until light golden. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Stack the pancakes, top with the fresh blueberries, pour over the maple syrup and dust with icing sugar to serve. Makes 16-18. Originally adapted from Donna Hay's site.
*I add another 80gm flour, cos' I found the batter is too dilute. After I mix the batter well, I set the batter inside the fridge for an hour before making the pancakes. This will help to thicken the batter. When the batter is heavier it is easy to control the pancake shapes and sizes. I omit the blueberries in the mixture, but I use it as for topping.
*I add another 80gm flour, cos' I found the batter is too dilute. After I mix the batter well, I set the batter inside the fridge for an hour before making the pancakes. This will help to thicken the batter. When the batter is heavier it is easy to control the pancake shapes and sizes. I omit the blueberries in the mixture, but I use it as for topping.
Tips: I wrap a piece of butter with serviette. Easy to grease the frying pain with a very minimum oil. I use my MIL Green pan with a flat surface.
I try my pancakes try and error quite a few times. In order to have all about equally size, slowly pour the batter from the centre onwards. Practice makes perfect.
A medium round piece of pancake and two small oval shapes are needed to make a piggy face. Take one of the oval shape and cut into half. This will become the ears. Place another small oval pancake to be the piggy nose. It is so fun. I let Calvin place it.
Tadda....Calvin placed his own piggy pancake with blueberries as the eye, nose and leg. FUN right? We both saw this demo from HERE for quite sometimes dy.
Hubby have his own original choice of topping. Just grab the honey and butter from fridge.
When everything settle down. I have my 3 pieces with strawberry and butter topping. I also add some honey for the perfect match. The pancakes are not that fluffy but it is soft. Do try this simple recipe, it really taste good. Before I had my first bite, I snap some photos and would like to submit my second linked to the blog hop event, Cook like a Star (March 2012), organised by Bake for Happy Kids.



I've been thinking to cook pancake too, but keep procrastinating... hehehe :P
ReplyDeleteYeah, actually me too has been in mind for quite sometime that I would make some for my son...lately after joining the blog hop event, really encouraged me to cook more...so this is it, my very first pancakes. Next will try to make waffles....
DeleteI've tried a simpler version of pancake not long ago, my kids loved it. Yours look nice and sweeter :) and children would definitely finish up everything.
ReplyDeleteCalvin finish up! And request for another 2 lil round pancakes, cos he wanna bring it to school and share with his bes friend Thomas.
DeleteMe too have jot down a pancake recipe from a blogger friend's post but still yet to try it. (shame)
ReplyDeletewow..your pancake itself already look so yummylicious plus the cute beary face, I wonder who can resist.
Oh you should try it out, and looking forward to see the outcome of it...show us ya.
DeleteCertainly like the piggy pancake, very cute & creative!
ReplyDeleteEven myself also like it very much...really look like a pig rite? Oink oink....
DeleteCute pancakes! Your son must be really happy with these cute and delicious pancakes! I would too! :)
ReplyDeleteYa, right now my son change his ambition again. He wants to become a chef just like his mom here...Lol
Deleteoink oink! very cute piggy face!
ReplyDeletethanks :p
DeleteThe piggy pancake is so cute! I'm using Greenpan at home too and I never bother to grease it before use. The pancakes won't stick at all :)
ReplyDeleteThe piggy pancake is so cute! I'm using Greenpan at home too and I never bother to grease it before use. The pancakes won't stick at all :)
ReplyDeleteReally? I was afraid so I grease with a lil oil....
DeleteI was not successful for making pancake, maybe I'll follow your steps here. Those pancakes look so yummy & the piggy one is real cute ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Dora. Do try it out.
DeleteWow! Angeline, you are so creative! This little piggy pancake is so cute! Your little man looks very happy presenting this pancake.
ReplyDeleteCalvin enjoy baking and cooking with me.
DeleteI am a pancake lover. When I see this, I can't resist anymore. I must make this one day. You are not really cooking like a star.
ReplyDeleteHahaha
DeleteHmm yummy pancakes. My girl love pancakes with peanut butter.
ReplyDeleteI love waffles with peanut butter.
DeleteWahhhhh...you are starting to bake and cook like a pro jor. Cant wait to see more!!
ReplyDeleteYee Ling more to come...When you never try, you'll never know how far you can go... Thanks! *Blushing*
Delete