Hari Raya Contest - Muhibbah Pinwheel
Remember the other day, Wenn told us that she organized a contest conjunction with this coming Hari Raya season? At first, it never came into my mind to participate in this contest but last two days, I went to Popular book store to get some books and initially I saw some nice Raya packets displayed beside the cashier counter. When I saw it, I quickly step forward and try to choose which one is nice and from that time immediately I decided to buy a few packets home to enter the Hari Raya contest. Let's see what I have here for Chang Jiang Enterprise Hari Raya Contest.
I have a very simple idea of making a pinwheel. Just get any festive season packets and fold like the fan folding method. Easy right?
Fastened with staples or if you want a neat look, you can use double sided tape too. We need 5 lil folded fans in order to make one pinwheel.
Here you are my Raya packets pinwheel. But it is not done yet... See the hole at the center?
To make a neat work, my friend shared her idea and helped me to hide the hole. Thanks, Ms Lim.
Next, I decided to create a hook for it, in order to hang at the wall. Simply cut out one stripe about 5cm wide from the Raya packets again. Just curved and formed a hook on top of the pinwheel as shown in the photo above.
For the finishing touch. I managed to get used of my old earrings which I hardly wear now a days. So coincidence, I got a green "button" earring to be its dandling object for the pinwheel. Then I make use of the red string I found from my room as well.

Tadda... This is the way we decorate the wall with my Raya pinwheel.
Here I'm submitting my simple Raya pinwheel to Hari Raya Contest from Chang Jiang Enterprise. You can always make a pair of it and hang at the living hall.
What you all think of my creation? Very simple decoration. If you like, please LIKE Chang Jiang Enterprise page and LIKE my photo posting too.








Oooo...so nice! Ahhhh...have to LIKE your photo! (I thought you've gone into business or what...) I joined the KDK "Blown Away Moments" one - whole day yesterday, only 10 people voted. Must have 20, at least, to qualify for the running in the competition. So disappointing...
ReplyDeleteOk, done!!! Now, you go and LIKE mine. Let me tag you...
ReplyDeleteWOKIE!
DeleteDid you get your Taj Mahal key chain yet?
ReplyDeleteI checked Pos Malaysia tracker and saw it was dispatched from Ipoh branch on Tuesday already. Should be arriving Taiping branch by now, I think.
Ok I'll let you know! Thanks Lina. Can I have the tracking number?
DeleteRD82 347 796 5MY
DeleteGot it Lina...Thanks and Muacks!
DeleteGood morning Angeline...
ReplyDeleteVery nice...
DeleteWent to like liao...
DeleteOh, that's creative! I might try to make one to hang at my shop. All the best to your participation!
ReplyDeleteVery nice! You sure are very good in doing arts ;)
ReplyDeleteGood luck oo!!
Thanks. Just simple only.. nothing special.
DeleteWow..you are so creative. Good Luck to you.
ReplyDeleteWow...that's pretty creative idea. It turns out to be a nice piece of Raya deco
ReplyDeleteGood luck Angline!
Waaah! This Taiping sista so clever to bake and now make decorative items!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so smart to select the right patterns to make the pinwheel. So nice!!
DeleteI have 9 Malay staff in my department. They didn't even bother to decorate the office. Maybe I should hire Angelina to help us!!!
DeleteYa, I chose this green and red design printed on the packets. Thanks ya.
DeleteYou should give them some green packets and see.. I'm sure they will come out with something.
DeleteDone LIKE!!! GOOD LUCK!!! =]
ReplyDeleteVery creative leh
ReplyDeleteyou are very much like Yee ling. Both also creative with craft and good in baking
ReplyDeleteI think must ask Yee Ling to participate too. Must go tell her then! Err... that is the easiest way I know how to do...
DeleteIf Merryn join, habis kalah kan semua tau!
Oh wow!that's so nice.
ReplyDeletewow, this Taiping Mama not only bakes cupcakes and muffins, but she is also very good and creative in art crafts!! bravo!!!
ReplyDeleteso are those raya packets given to you free or you need to purchase them?? they look nice especially the motif printing on the top part..
Deletethe other day i saw the most creative raya packet in Jusco.. not those conventional patterns or design, but exactly our own RM notes (of course they have to print specimen and some raya greetings on the notes).. i guess it will be a good raya packet to fool people, haha!!
Deletethe steps look easy but then i think in order to make it look neat and nice, it really require a lot of patience and skills too.. i think i can do that, but surely not as good lah, must be cacat everywhere like the McD minion toys, muahahaha~~
Deleteall the best of luck for your participation in Chang Jiang's contest huh.. hmmm, i have a gut feeling that you will be one of the winners lah.. shoo shoo shoo!!! :)
DeleteWah.. sure bo. I saja submit for fun! But so far I haven't see other posted yet!
DeleteThe green packets I bought it ler... ade baca baik baik tak? hehehe...
ReplyDeleteOverall I like the name: Muhibbah pinwheel!
ReplyDeleteVery nice! Like it on wenn's shop's facebook already. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Mun.
Delete